Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 2002 15:02:54 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Andrew Gordon <arg-bsd@arg1.demon.co.uk>
To:        Harald Schmalzbauer <Harald.Schmalzbauer@wearix.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ifpi2 [WAS: Re: Elsa QuickStep/Microlink PCI]

On 7 Mar 2002, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:

> Am Mi , 2002-03-06 um 22.43 schrieb Andrew Gordon:
> *SNIP*
> > One is the AVM Fritz!Card PCI version 2  (version 1 is 5V-only), now
> > supported by the ifpi2 driver.
>
> Hmm, I missed that. Great!!!
> But I saw that it's only in -current, although it's 2 months old and has
> mfc after 4 weeks.
> Any chance that it gets MFCd in the near future?
> Any experiences?

I have a Fritz!Card PCI V2 installed in a Net4501
(http://www.soekris.com/) which also has limited +5V current available; I
haven't measured the current drawn, but it's probably less than the 100mA
you say is available in your system.

This machine is running -stable.  I can't now remember whether Gary
Jennejohn provided a patch set (check the mailing list archives from
around November 2001 when he announced the driver) or if I simply used the
version from -current.  Running I4B from -current on -stable is normally
fairly straightforward anyhow.

As to the reliability of the driver, there was one major problem, for
which there is now a patch (which doesn't appear to have been committed,
probably because Gary is waiting for me to test it as I promised to do
weeks ago...).  With that patch, it is mostly reliable, and probably would
be 100% reliable on faster hardware: I believe that the remaining problem
is a generic I4B bug, tickled by high interrupt latency causing occasional
packet loss.  I need to do more work on this, but the failure occurs about
once a month in normal use, or almost immediately with high levels of
debugging turned on.