Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:30:54 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Nick Webb <nickw@uidaho.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VMWare 3?

At 7:58 PM -0800 3/14/02, Nick Webb wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I know that FreeBSD has an excellent port of vmware 2, but I
>have been unable to track down much on if a port of 3 is
>planned.  I've searched with the almighty google, and only
>found a few very old posts.  Does anyone know if someone is
>working on VMware 3?

It would certainly be welcome.  There are only two or three
guys who contributed greatly to the vmware2 port, and they
have not had the time to really dive into a vmware3 port.

Like all issues in a volunteer project, if someone else
could step forward and make the port happen, then I am
sure many users would be happy to see vmware3.