Date:      Sun, 02 Sep 2001 22:50:45 -0400
From:      M Goddard <venadium@si.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sound on a ThinkPad 760XL in FreeBSD 4.3

Hello. I've never posted to this group before, but couldnt find the answer to my question on the FreeBSD website or through Google. I'm having problems configuring OSS under FreeBSD
4.3 for my ThinkPad 760XL. It has worked under other *nix OSes (NetBSD, various linux distos), but I'm not having any luck with FreeBSD. OSS installed just fine, and running soundon will
start OSS, but I get various errors when i try to use any audio apps. In all other cases I used the Generic ESS 16xx card with all the default IRQ settings, etc. Has anyone else had
experience with getting sound to work on the ThinkPad 760XL? Thanks in advance.

M. Goddard
venadium@si.rr.com