Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 18:59:44 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Cliff Sarginson <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Be careful what you say

On 2002-03-15 07:12, Cliff Sarginson wrote:
> I have just received a very abusive email from someone on this list.
> If it is being a nazi to explain to someone why the information was
> wrong then I guess I deserve to be lumped in with Hitler.

You know that this is not true.

> I am writing to the list, just to say that if the risk a person runs
> when giving advice, or explaining something to someone who appears not
> to understand it, is that they will be called a Nazi then I shall not
> bother anymore.

This is a well known risk when posting to open forums.  Another common risk
is getting your address harvested by spammers, and your mailboxes flooded
with advertisements for "ever lasting happiness", "money! money! money!"
and all those funny things.

Giving up on the list is not going to solve the problem though.  You'll
eventually post to some other open forum and be treated similarly.  The
fact that people without manners exist, is well, known.  Let them taste the
almighty power of your procmail rules :)

If the thing continues, you should consider what David Greenman suggested.

Giorgos Keramidas                       FreeBSD Documentation Project
keramida@{freebsd.org,ceid.upatras.gr}  http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/