Date:      Fri, 9 Aug 2002 16:25:47 -0300 (ART)
From:      Fernando Gleiser <fgleiser@cactus.fi.uba.ar>
To:        JoeB <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        FBSDQ <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IPNAT rdr command

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, JoeB wrote:

>  I have
> Pass out quick on rl0 proto udp from any to any port =3D 3568
> Pass in   quick on rl0 proto udp from any to any port =3D 3568
> Rules in the ipf rules file but the game just hangs.
>
> I believe I need redirect rdr rule in IPNAT to get this to work.

Yep, it would help.

> Questions.
>
> 1. What is the rdr rule to redirect that port to a individual machine
> behind the firewall on the LAN.

dp

replace internal/external and port with the corresponding values.

> 2. Can IPNAT be configured to dynamically redirect that special port
> to what ever machine on the LAN is playing the game and control things
> so all the machines on the LAN can play the game at the same time,
> like a gaming cyber caf=E9 does?

I don't know. That would need a special proxy. Try searching the IP Filter
mailing list for more info.

The problem is you are losing information. You map a bunch of private IPs
to a single public IP, so there is no way of knowing which of the internals
the remote server is trying to connect to. As far as the remote server is
concerned, all of the traffic is coming from the NAT box.

=09=09=09Fer