Date:      Sat, 1 Jan 2000 21:50:22 -0500
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I will never trust NBC news again!

On Sat, Jan 01, 2000 at 06:50:37PM +0000, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:

> Well it seems to me even the people who *know* (though that may be a very
> small minority) that the millenium doesn't begin until 2001 would rather
> just jump on the bandwagon with everyone else because it's a lot more fun
> watching a calendar roll over to '2000' than '2001'.

Yes.

After listening to endless lectures on 2000 vs. 2001 from parents,
peers at University, and this particular mailing-list, all intent
on leveraging technicalities so that they could feel superior to
the general populace, it was very merciful to spend New Year's with
mostly college students.  Ah, give me the bliss of ignorance anyday!

"I should've taken the blue pill."  ;-)

[Or do I have the pill colours reversed?]

And with that comment, I think we should also congratulate, in the
spirit of "First Baby of the Millenium" contests, Jeremy Lea as the
first new committer of the millenium!  Woo-hoo!  Way to go Jeremy!

--
Signature withheld by request of author.