Date:      Sun, 9 May 1999 19:46:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris England <cengland@obscurity.org>
To:        Rick Knebel <rknebel@uplink.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kde

On Sun, 9 May 1999, Rick Knebel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running Freebsd 3.1 and am considering giving kde a try.
> Is it very stable?
> Are alot of people using it in freebsd?
>
> I would love to hear opinions.

I used KDE from the beginning to the release of 1.1.  I found that a lot
of things were leaving core files around and what not.  It only crashed
completely a few times on me, and I was really beating the hell out of it.
It's a good window manager in my opinion, but got a bit too bloated for my
liking.

My window manager of choice is fvwm2.  I find it it's bare yet powerful.

cheers,

		-Chris England