Date:      Fri, 9 Aug 2002 12:39:47 -0700
From:      Adam Weinberger <adam@vectors.cx>
To:        Jason W <potuncle@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Probrem installing Wine.

ok, first of all, install wine from ports. install the ports tree, and:

# cd /usr/ports/emulators/wine
# make install clean

second of all, the reason you're getting that problem is the first line
of the wineinstall script, namely:

# head -1 wineinstall
#!/bin/bash

so, to run this program, FreeBSD tries to parse the script through the
interpreter /bin/bash, which will NOT exist unless you're installed it
there by hand. change it to /usr/local/bin/bash, or wherever you've
installed bash, and that script will work.

however, you really should use the ports tree. it's designed
specifically to make this kindof tinkering unnecessary.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-using.html

-Adam

--
"Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw."