Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 1996 16:33:05 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Wes Side Story <wdorale@rs1.mtmc.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upgrade 210->215 problem

I successfully upgrade my machine from 2.1 to 2.1.5 by using the sysintall
utillity.   I edited the files in /etc so that I had my system configured
so everything was working the way it was previously.  I then rebuilt the
kernel for my configuration and everything seems to be working fine except
that when I boot up it says I'm running version 2.1  I know that
immediatly after the upgrade it did say v2.1.5   Did I do something wrong
in compiling the kernel or is this normal when you upgrade?  Should I of
downloaded the src distributions again?
Thanks for your help

Wes Dorale
Network Administrator