Date:      Sat, 23 Nov 1996 16:17:02 +0100
From:      roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: setuid diff in date/time.. Worry?

According to Operator ROOT:
> I was looking through my daily run and noticed that the date and time on
> a file had changed. It appears to be identical and I cannot think what
> would have caused the date to change.. Should I worry?

I don't think so, especially if the MD5 checksum doesn't change. There was
a bug in the VM of 2.1.0 that would cause the kernel to update the date
even if the page was not written.

You may want to reinstall the binary from the live file system CD though.
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
  FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #28: Sun Nov 10 13:37:41 MET 1996