Date:      Tue, 1 Feb 2000 16:12:57 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Stephen Roome <steveroo@mothra.bri.hp.com>
To:        John Reynolds~ <jreynold@sedona.ch.intel.com>
Cc:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sphinx: Speech Recognition ...

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, John Reynolds~ wrote:
> I downloaded it and tried to "./configure; gmake" and the thing died while
> trying to compile itself. So much for autoconf.
>
> I don't have the error handy as my window to my machine at home vaporized
> overnight due to idle time. If anybody has any better luck compiling the
> sucker, please let the list know :)

Same here, the problem I had was with ad_read, ad_open, ad_close ad_**** etc,
from what I can tell (I'm not very good at this perhaps) someone needs to write
a ./sphinx2-0.1/src/libsphinx2/ad_freebsd.c to make it work properly.

(Also the version of autoconf used doesn't seem to decide to use stdlib.h
instead of malloc.h - should it ?)

Apparently it works under Linux emulation.

If you get it working can you send me some diffs, because I'd be interested in
getting it to work.

	Steve