Date:      Thu, 5 Feb 1998 20:56:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Phil Staub <phils@casagate.plan.pixelogix.com>
To:        brian@Awfulhak.org
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP

> > A quick (I hope) question re: ppp-980123.src.tar.gz downloaded from
> > your page.
> >
> > Have you disabled the telnet connection in this version? I got a
> > "connection refused" when I tried to telnet into it on port
> > 3000. (Yes, I remembered to disable the pppctl socket.) It worked fine
> > on the version from 2.2.5-STABLE.
>
> You have to use `set socket' these days.  There's none by default for
> security reasons.

I suspected as much. I *was* able to get pppctl to work via the
socket. However, the references to telnet are still in the man page
(although I do seem to recall seeing references to the possibility
that telnet may go away at some point.) (Not a complaint, mind you,
just thought it deserved to be mentioned.)

BTW, thanks for your efforts to update and improve PPP. They are appreciated!

--
Phil Staub, KE7HC		Senior Software Engineer
phils@pixelogix.com		Audio Precision, Inc.