Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2001 00:52:44 +0100
From:      "Julian Stacey Jhs@jhs.muc.de" <jhs@jhs.muc.de>
To:        Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Creating BSD bootable CD

Sergey Babkin wrote:
> As far as I remember, there is not much special. Just create a
> bootable floppy image and give it as option -b to mkhybrid.
> (I strongly recommend mkhybrid over mkisofs because it tends to make
> defective filesystems in fewer cases).

I hadn't heard of mkhybrid, so investigated: it's been merged into mkisofs:

  ports/sysutils/mkisofs/work/mkisofs-1.13/ChangeLog.mkhybrid:
  	Mon May  1 14:51:00 BST 2000  James Pearson <j.pearson@ge.ucl.ac.uk>
  	Version 1.13a01
  	mkhybrid has now been merged with, and is now part of mkisofs
  ports/sysutils/mkisofs/work/mkisofs-1.13/mkisofs/README.mkhybrid:
  	mkhybrid v1.13 has now merged with, and is a part of mkisofs v1.13
  Within a 4.2 CVS tree:
    ports/sysutils/mkhybrid is just an Attic structure
  	cvs -R export -r HEAD mkhybrid		cannot find module
    mkhybrid now features in ports/sysutils/mkisofs/
  	cvs -R export -r HEAD mkisofs
  	./pkg-plist:bin/mkhybrid
  man mkhybrid is an empty dummy (just a .so)
  Executables share same inode:
  262201 -r-xr-xr-x  2 root  wheel  374564 Feb 22 00:22 /usr/local/bin/mkhybrid
  262201 -r-xr-xr-x  2 root  wheel  374564 Feb 22 00:22 /usr/local/bin/mkisofs

Julian
-
Julian Stacey     Unix Consultant - Munich Germany     http://bim.bsn.com/~jhs/
        Considering Linux ?     Try FreeBSD with 4500 packages !
 Ihr Rauchen => mein allergischer Kopfschmerz !  Kau/Schnupftabak probieren !