Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2001 09:19:51 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Arun Sharma <arun@sharmas.dhs.org>
Cc:        Duncan Barclay <dmlb@dmlb.org>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HP Omnibook 6000 and if_ray

--MW5yreqqjyrRcusr

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 10:32:24PM -0700, Arun Sharma wrote:
> Also, even after I compiled the kernel with apm, it doesn't detect apm0. =
Does
> that mean that my laptop doesn't support APM ? If so, what can I do to ma=
ke
> the laptop not hang on suspends and resumes ?

Just checking, you did remove the "disabled" entry in the apm like,
right?  It's possiable the BIOS upgrade removed APM support (though that
seems like an odd thing to do.)  Newer laptops with ACPI and no APM
support are starting to show up.  There is ACPI support at some level in
-current, but it's not fully finished.

-- Brooks

--=20

--MW5yreqqjyrRcusr