Date:      Sat, 03 Jan 98 11:13:16 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <reyesf@super.zippo.com>
To:        "Wolfram Schneider" <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Cc:        "FreeBSD questions" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Empty locale directories. Normal?

On 02 Jan 1998 13:23:38 +0100, Wolfram Schneider wrote:

While trying to see why netscape is still not displaying spanish
characters I noticed all my locale directories are empty. Is this
normal? The directories are in /usr/share, /usr/share/local (and a
couple others I don't recall). If it is not normal how do I get the
local files? Tried /stand/sysinstall and did not see anything for
this purpose.

Also when Netscape starts it says "locale en_US.ISO_8859-1 not
supported by Xlib trying 'C'". Is this because the locale files are
missing?