Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:49:10 -0500
From:      "Justin Baugh" <baughj-fbsdq@cat.rpi.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems installing 4.5

Hello,

    I am trying to install FreeBSD 4.5.  During the scsi probe, this
error fills the screen:

AHC0: AHC_INTR - referenced SCB not valid during SELTO SCB(0, 2)

After a few pages of this, the kernel gives up and panics.  I can
include specific information on the panic if necessary (it's fairly
lengthy).

    Here's the information on the hardware:

    Asus P2L97-DS, 512mb RAM, latest BIOS (1008), 2 p2/400's
    onboard SCSI - AIC7880
    2 3com 3c905-TX's
    PCI video card
    2 Seagate Cheetah 9gb drives

I know that FreeBSD works on the board, because I've read that it
can run and does run, with the SCSI, even.  However, whenever
I try, it doesn't work.  I've looked on Google for this error or similar
problems, and haven't found much besides a lot of similar posts like
mine saying "I'm having this error.."

Any ideas?  I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question.

-Justin

p.s. My apologies if this appears more than once, I'm having
some problems on my end.