Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 1997 10:03:39 +0300
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        cyborg@erinet.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: now what?

cyborg@erinet.com wrote:

> I just finished installing bsd on my other drive, and it brought me back
> to the install menu.  I beleive I've done everything ok so far, but now
> what?  I exited the installation menu, it rebooted, first it wanted to
> load '95.  I didn't let it, so I rebooted w/my floppy in the drive, and
> all that did was start up the install again.  I'm baffled!! Can you
> help?
> Thanks!
> Nick
> cyborg@erinet.com

Did you install the boot manager?
Is FreeBSD on your first HD?

If you answered 'no' to at least one of the above questions, you need to
reinstall the boot manager. Many will do, but the simplest one is
BootEasy which you install from *DOS* (not win95 DOS mode) by running
the bootinst.exe program that is found in the tools directory on the CD
and the ftp site.

Nadav