Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 11:53:21 -0600
From:      Eric Long <eric@metrotv.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   What initiates running the startup files in /etc ?

--B_3099038003_5201088

What initiates running the startup files in /etc?  None of my startup
configurations are being set because /etc/rc.conf, /usr/local/etc/rc.d, etc
contents are not being executed at startup.  I can manually run these as
root but obviously this is an unacceptable scenario in that my network
configuration is not automatically run at startup.

Anyone know why /etc/rc.conf wouldn't be run at startup?  This is happening
after updating from 4.0-RELEASE to 4.5-STABLE.  I did run mergemaster.

-Eric

--B_3099038003_5201088

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>What initiates running the startup files in /etc ?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">What initiates running the startup files in /etc? &nbs=
p;None of my startup configurations are being set because /etc/rc.conf, /usr=
/local/etc/rc.d, etc contents are not being executed at startup. &nbsp;I can=
 manually run these as root but obviously this is an unacceptable scenario i=
n that my network configuration is not automatically run at startup.<BR>
<BR>
Anyone know why /etc/rc.conf wouldn't be run at startup? &nbsp;This is happ=
ening after updating from 4.0-RELEASE to 4.5-STABLE. &nbsp;I did run mergema=
ster.<BR>
<BR>
-Eric</FONT>
</BODY>