Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 1998 08:26:45 +0000
From:      "Stephen Nadas" <nadas@raleigh.ibm.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, Charles Quarri <randy@hackerz.org>
Subject:   Re: ThinkPad 600 Memory Problem

Charles,

I have not seen a 600, but do the memory diags run ok?  (on my 560E,
power on while holding f1, then run diagnostics)  also, is it
possible to see if the memory can be used by a different os?  or can
the SIMM be tried in anther machine?

-Steve

> I just installed a 64Meg Sim in my ThinkPad 600 and rebooted the
> machine, and the box hung right after hard drive was detected with
> a series of rapid beeps.  I took out the SIMM and the machine
> worked normally.  I tried recompiling the kernel with MAXMEM=98304
> and trying it again, but to no avail.  The ThinkPad 600 uses
> SDRAM.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

ip: nadas@raleigh.ibm.com / VM: nadas at rtp/notes: nadas@ibmusm23
+1-919-254-2363 / Tieline: 8-444-2363 / Fax: use X-5483