Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 1997 15:38:26 -0700
From:      Alan Batie <batie@agora.rdrop.com>
To:        Jeff Lynch <jeff@mercury.jorsm.com>
Cc:        Jacob Suter <jsuter@uranus.intrastar.net>, "John T. Farmer" <jfarmer@sabre.goldsword.com>, rewt@i-Plus.net, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, jfarmer@goldsword.com
Subject:   Re: Digital Modem choices

--kvwRMAIpAhPCcCJK

On Mon, Sep 15, 1997 at 05:13:57PM -0500, Jeff Lynch wrote:
> For example, when
> someone blames our modems, when we state we use USR, they just might back
> off and go out and buy a new modem.

It's hard to do that when people are working fine, then you install the
highly rated USR Couriers and all of a sudden they can't even establish
a connection.  I've had to leave some old modems in place and put an
upgrade on hold because it affected so many users, many of whom are
using other USR modems even.  Now, you get another Courier on the other
end, and it'll hang on come hell or high water, but telling users to
go spend $300 instead of the $50 winmodem they just got, well, they'll
just go to the next isp that's got compatible modems.

--
Alan Batie                   ______      It's not my fault!  It's some guy
batie@agora.rdrop.com        \    /      named "General Protection"!

It is my policy to avoid purchase of any products from companies which
use unrequested email advertisements or telephone solicitation.

--kvwRMAIpAhPCcCJK

--kvwRMAIpAhPCcCJK--