Date:      Fri, 2 Feb 2001 00:20:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Yu-Shun Wang <yushunwa@isi.edu>
To:        Alex Rousskov <rousskov@measurement-factory.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IPComp question

Hi,

	What you pointed out below is true. But I am more
	interested in the relative performance since the number
	I measured were under exactly the same setup and traffic
	condition. I am just curious why IPComp was _relatively_
	(and signigicantly) slower than most of the encryption
	algorithm. So I guess bandwidth is probably not the best
	pointer since what I end up comparing was really the
	implementations of different encryption/compression
	algorithms which are CPU-bound in this case.

	regards,

	yushun.