Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 1998 21:16:57 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, dap@damon.com, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, nate@mt.sri.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dladdr hax

> Any proposals on how to fix the dladdr issue?

Add it into crt0.o and ld.so.  The crt0.o add is required because
the ld.so mapping and symbol resoloution is done the wrong way.

The easiest answer is "go to ELF".

The next easiest answer is predicated on the answer to "how much
more hacking is the current maintainer of ld.so going to do in the
near future?" so someone else could hack it in and submit the patches
with some reasonable assurance that the patches will be committed...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.