Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:23:06 -0700
From:      Joshua Tinnin <krinklyfig@spymac.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        des@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xfce4 port update to 4.1.90 (4.2-BETA1)

On Monday 18 October 2004 04:39 pm, Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de>
wrote:
> Hi Joshua,
>

> cd /usr/ports && patch -E < /localpath/to/yourpatch
>
> should work. But only when /usr/ports is a clean, cvsuped,
> non-patched version. Means, you can't apply the patch twice (so, you
> can't apply the newer patch when you allready applied an older one).

OK, that makes sense - thank you. But since you have revised your patch,
what I did (which didn't seem to work too well), was to:

# rm -rf /usr/ports/*/*xfce*

and then cvsup again. I did this a couple times and even deinstalled all
xfce ports on my machine, but even with a clean ports tree, it kept
complaining that it was already patched, and did I want to reverse
patch? I said no, but not all the patches in your diff applied - there
were some failures. I'm going to try it again. Is there a better way to
remove a previously applied patch? I also asked this question on
-questions, but I was wondering specifically because of this testing,
so hope I didn't annoy anyone ...

- jt