Date:      Fri, 06 Jun 2003 20:23:37 +0300
From:      Yury Tarasievich <grog@grsu.by>
To:        freebsd-i18n@freebsd.org
Subject:   CTYPE etc.

Hello,

Is there a reason not to have following change in files layout of locale
support:

- LC_CTYPEs for 8-bit charsets in separate dir (say
/usr/share/locale/CTYPES), with links in language_country.charset
- LC_COLLATEs for each language_country in separate dir etc...

...at least for new locales? I'm making locale for language currently
unsupported in freebsd (in fact, I'm using it locally several months)
and such changes immediately seemed to be more prudent (having min. 5
codepages potentially used). This way everything that's not a real
locale name goes to only two extra subdirs and some uncertainty
eliminated (for CP1251, do I really have to link to ctype in
bg_BY.CP1251??). There even is something like this already -- pseudo
la_LN.ISO8859-1. Opinions anyone?

wbr,
Yury