Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 00:41:27 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Bruce Burden" <bruceb@austx.tandem.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   moused not being started on boot...

   Hi folks,

	After rebuilding -current that was CVSup's 6/15, rebuilding
   the the kernel, etc. etc. etc, yada, yada, yada, I rebooted. The
   moused process is not being started.

	I have a /dev/psm0 entry, I have psm0 in the config file.
   The /etc/rc.conf file is set up for a ps/2 mouse, and moused -p /dev/psm0
   reports it is a sysmouse Thinkingmouse (good enough, it IS a
   Kensington track ball). If I start moused, everything is fine.

	So, any idea why moused is not being started automatically?
   I did note that the 06/15 CVSup /etc/rc.conf file doesn't have
   a 'moused_enabled=""' directive. Is this intentional? And, looking
   over /var/log/messages, I don't see where moused is reported
   as starting.

	I know one person was asking about ps/2 mouse problems
   after a recent install, but I don't recall any responses?

						Thanks,
							Bruce