Date:      Fri, 21 Sep 2001 00:05:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      David Banning <david@skytrackercanada.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   procmail setup question

I just installed procmail. I have a simple setup.
The .procmailrc file reads;

PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/local/bin:.
MAILDIR=/var/mail       # You'd better make sure it exists
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/david
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/from
LOCKFILE=$HOME/.lockmail

:0
* ^To.*bob@*
bob

:0
* ^X-Apparently-To.*davidbanning@*
/usr/david/bsd

the problem is that the mailbox "bob" has it's ownership
taken over by me, "david". Then bob can't access his mailbox.
I run fetchmail as user "david", which all my default mail
goes to.

How can I get procmail to keep bob's mailbox with bob ownership,
and keep david's mailbox with david ownership?
Any mail file created by procmail seems to have it's ownership changed
by the person running fetchmail (which in-turn, runs procmail.)