Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 1996 12:53:26 +0100 (BST)
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@blueberry.co.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   /dev/console

Hi,

Does anyone have the correct permissions for /dev/console handy. Programs
like xconsole (or xterm -C) have never worked for me.

At the moment, /dev/console is

    crw-------  1 root  wheel    0,   0 Apr 23 11:09 /dev/console

which is obviously wrong. All I really want is for console messages to
come up in one of my xterms when in X (which I start with 'startx', not
xdm).

This is on a 2.1-stable kernel with "XSERVER" and "UCONSOLE" compiled in.
Couldn't find anything about this in the man pages.

Cheers.

--+=[ Blueberry Hill                   Blueberry Design                   ]=+--
--+=[ http://www.blueberry.co.uk/      1/9 Chelsea Harbour Design Centre, ]=+--
--+=[ WebMaster@blueberry.co.uk        London, England, SW10 0XE          ]=+--
--+=[       Don't anthropomorphize computers.  They don't like it.        ]ENTP