Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 1996 23:58:44 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, j@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        bde@zeta.org.au, davidg@Root.COM, jkh@time.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: 6/14/96 kernel won't boot

>>    Joerg was the one who broke it, however.

>...but Bruce did a good job in timing several keyboards.  I was hoping
>for him...  Bruce, should i bump the loop timeout to the latest values
>you've been mailing me?  Shouldn't we better bump all these
>DELAY(10)'s (perhaps they are the initial source of the evil i've been
>fixing in rev 1.148)?.

At least one keyboard requires about 250 ms.  This seems excessive
already so I was going to try 1000 ms maximum.  It wouldn't hurt to
change the DELAY(10)'s to DELAY(1000)'s and reduce the counts
proportionally, but this is only easy in part of the reset code -
there are some DELAY(10)'s in kbd_wait(), and it's more important
for the delays to be right in the main code.  It wouldn't hurt to
read the keyboad data buffer only when there is new data in it...

Bruce