Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2001 16:45:33 -0500
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
Subject:   Re: wireless network, next step ...

On Thursday 29 November 2001 02:39, Peter Radcliffe wrote:
> Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it> probably said:
> > But they could do only 40bit encryption (Cisco An340 can do 128
> > encryption ???)
>
> There are 40 and 108bit versions of both. I have the 108bit version.
>
> > Unfortunately this doesn't work.
> > The question is :
> > Is possible to kldload the an0 driver from the pccard.conf or is it a
> > chicken-egg problem ?
>
> I had problems auto-loading the an and wi modules. I ended up loading
> them from the ok prompt during boot or later from loader.conf.

Or you can just build them into your kernel in the first place.

This is another religious issue, like the write caching, but it seems to me
to be mostly a win to have things built in the kernel to start with if it's a
device that you will be using a large percentage of the time that your
computer is plugged in.

--
Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                        http://www.babbleon.org