Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 2010 19:45:20 +0000
From:      "Klaus P. Ohrhallinger" <k@7he.at>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Jail hot migration

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 04:28:15PM +1200, Peter Toth wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I was lately thinking around jail hot-migration feature where one jail
> could be moved from one host to another without
> shutting it down, something like vmotion in VMware world.

[snip]

Hello;

I implemented a working prototype of a container-style virtualization
for FreeBSD, capable of live/hot migration. It has nothing to do with
jail, but it makes use of vimage/vnet.

I am going to do a presentation at the EuroBSDCon in October,
but a paper and a demo video (no sources yet, sorry) are already
online at:

http://www.7he.at/freebsd/vps/

Best regards, klaus
--