Date:      Fri, 08 Mar 2002 14:03:14 +0100
From:      Eivind Olsen <eivind@aminor.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: c-shell scripts

--On 8. mars 2002 12:43 +0000 Mike Dewhirst <Dewhirst.M@UCLES.org.uk> wrote:
> is it possible to decompile c shell scripts?
> we are developing some software extension modules, and the docs are
> pretty crap, so we're trying to do by example... Except examples are
> compiled c scripts... Or am I talking a load of bull****?
> Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

I think you might be confusion c-shell scripts (csh/tcsh) with the
programming language C. Programs written in the programming language C are
typically compiled (yes, C interpreters exists) into native machine code,
whereas c-shell scripts stay in clear-text format.

If you're talking about programs written in C - yes, decompilers do exist,
but the output is not what you normally want to look at, as the
variable-names will be meaningless, all comments in the original C source
code will be lost etc.

> This message was written in plain text mode.

And yet, a HTML-part was included?

(approx. 20 lines of disclaimer deleted)

--
Eivind Olsen
eivind@aminor.no