Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 1998 11:52:03 -0500
From:      John Robert LoVerso <loverso@opengroup.org>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2.2-980219-SNAP GENERIC reboots

I have a PPro 180 (Dec Celebris GL180) that I just upgraded from 2.2.1 to
the 2.2-980219-SNAP.  Right after upgrading, the machine crashed and rebooted
several times.  AFAIK, it always happened when I was giving Netscape 4.04 a
mouse click (or PageDown key).  Unfortunately, I don't have a backtrace
because a dump device wasn't configured then.  However, since adding a
dump device, I've also built a non-GENERIC kernel (no I386_CPU/I486_CPU,
some other changes), and I haven't had the machine crash since.

I just note this because before I went to the non-GENERIC kernel, the system
was anything but "stable".

John