Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 1996 17:27:51 -0400
From:      Ron Bolin <rlb@mindspring.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Latest Current Building Boot and Fixit Floppies.

In building the floppies from the latest current I get the
following errorout of /usr/src/release/floppies

(cd /usr/src/sbin/mount_nfs && make depend && make mount_nfs.o
getmntopts.o)
`mount_nfs.o' is up to date.
`getmntopts.o' is up to date.
cc -O   -DCRUNCHED_BINARY -c crunch.c
cc -static -o crunch crunch.o sh.lo find.lo pwd.lo ft.lo ppp.lo
sysinstall.lo ne
wfs.lo gzip.lo cpio.lo bad144.lo fsck.lo ifconfig.lo route.lo
slattach.lo mount_
nfs.lo -ll -ledit -lutil -lkvm -lmd -ldialog -lncurses -lmytinfo
-L/usr/src/rele
ase/libdisk/obj -ldisk -lipx
ppp.lo: Undefined symbol `_crypt' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

All other source built just fine, I even built and installed eBones and
secure.
It seems that the call to _crypt used in some part of the floppy build
uses _crypt, bu I have only _des_crypt defined in any libs. The
libcrypt.a
is linked to libdescrypt.a.

Any comments?
-Ron