Date:      Mon, 6 Jun 2005 16:30:09 GMT
From:      Herve Quiroz <herve.quiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/81458: Update www/jakarta-tomcat5 to 5.5

The following reply was made to PR ports/81458; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Herve Quiroz <herve.quiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
To: Kang Liu <liukang@bjut.edu.cn>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, scott.balmos@utoledo.edu
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 18:26:51 +0200

 Hi Kang,

 On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 11:17:49PM +0800, Kang Liu wrote:
 > I think we'd better make tomcat55 as a new port, since it is not stable
 > enough for production server.

 I believe it would be better to repocopy tomcat5 -> tomcat55. Do you
 agree with that?

 BTW, I don't think DEPRECATED is the right keyword for a new, devel
 port.

 Speaking of devel ports, do you think "jakarta-tomcat5-devel" would
 fit better than 'jakarta-tomcat55"? The same goes for
 jakarta-tomcat4-devel. IMHO, looking at the descriptions of these
 ports, it seems to me like each branch has its own set of features that
 don't seem to be merged back. This would mean that they are not "-devel"
 branches. But I let the choice up to you, as I don't know very much
 about the distinction between versions.

 Herve