Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 17:10:54 -0400
From:      Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
To:        Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
Cc:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DVD drive.

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 01:59:38PM -0700, Jamie Bowden wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Brooks Davis wrote:
>
> :On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 01:33:09PM -0700, Jamie Bowden wrote:
> :> Trying to cat or copy the *.vob(s) always produce this error.  My next
> :> step is to attempt to dump | restore on the device, but I suspect the
> :> error will not go away, if dump will even access a CD/DVD device anyway.
> :
> :dump/restore only works on UFS so that won't work.  You need the css-auth
> :program with freebsd patches to unlock the disk.  It's pretty easy to
> :find on the net.
>
> Maybe I'm just confused.  I'm trying to use Charles Hannum's efdtt util to
> access the file.
>
> From the source:
>
> /*     Usage is:  cat title-key scrambled.vob | efdtt >clear.vob	*/

That's the _title_ key.  Each VOB file has a title key.  But the
DVD itself has a key as well, and that's what the cssauth programs
do; find that key and 'unlock' the drive.

Then, when youve' mounted it, you can just puruse the filesystem
(with certian restrictions.)

I, for one, have specifically gotten 'The Matrix' to play on my
desktop under 4.1-RELEASE.

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert		<reichert@numachi.com>
37 Crystal Ave. #303			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842