Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 2002 09:37:39 +0100 (BST)
From:      Gavin Atkinson <gavin@ury.york.ac.uk>
To:        Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@hcs.de>
Cc:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 4.6.1-RC2 usb/ohci panic: Removing other than first element

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:

> >From the keyboard of Gavin Atkinson:
>
> > I'm seeing this panic once or twice a day on a 4.6.1-RC2 box installed
>
> > This box is used as a router, between an fxp network card and a USB ADSL
> > modem. I have the core file if anyone wants it.
>
> Although i have DDB enabled, once the machine panics (it always doubly
> panics) this way i am not able to enter ddb anmore since the machine is
> completely frozen.

I don't know if I am seeing this - the box is headless. All i have are the
kernel dumps.

> I have connected an USB ethernet adaptor and an (inactive) USB camera.
> AFAIK, the USB ethernet adaptor seems to be the cause of the problem.

I am using an Alcatel Speedtouch USB modem - this uses third party
drivers, but as far as i can tell, they are entirely user-space. It does
not emulate ethernet - it's PPP over ATM.

> The controller is a <VIA 83C572 USB controller>, CPU is a
> AMD-K6(tm) 3D processor (551.25-MHz 586-class CPU).

Not similar to my hardware - I'm using a Lucent 4-port OHCI USB PCI
card, Cyrix PR-266 CPU. The motherboard on-board USB (Intel PIIX4 UHCI) is
disabled in bios and there is no kernel driver compiled in.

> i4b-L1 isic_isac_exir_hdlr: EXIRQ Rx Frame Overflow
> i4b-L2 i4b_rxd_s_frame: ERROR, unknown code, frame =
>  0x81 0x81 0x81 0xff 0xff 0xff 0xff 0x81 0x81 0x81 0x81 0x81 0xff 0xff 0xff 0xff 0xff 0x81 0x81 0x81 0x81 0xff 0xff 0xff 0x81 0x81 0x81 0x81 0x81 0xff 0xff 0xff
> usb_transfer_complete: bad dequeue 0xc11dab00 != 0xc124b300
> panic: Removing other than first element
> Uptime: 1d1h40m35s
> i4b-L1 isic_isac_irq: unit 0: Data Overrun error
> uhci_remove_ctrl: QH not found
> uhci_free_std: freeing free TD 0xc10bbde0
> [...]

All I see is the "panic: Removing other than first element" in the kernel
dump - so i don't know if you are seeing the exact same problem as I am.

Gavin