Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:53:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        sparc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Work-around for random CVSup/sparc64 failures

One person has reported a non-reproduceable CVSup failure on the
sparc64 platform which produced this message:

> ***
> *** runtime error:
> ***    Value out of range
> ***    file "/s/scratch/jdp/ezm3-1.1/libs/libm3/src/uid/Common/TimeStamp.m3", line
63
> ***

I am pretty sure this is a problem with the current thread switching
code in the Modula-3 runtime system.  It could produce various
symptoms, including the above.

As a work-around until I fix the bug, you should add an extra argument
"@M3nopreemption" to the cvsup command line, like this:

    cvsup -L 2 supfile @M3nopreemption

I'm fairly certain that will prevent the failures.  Please let me know
if it doesn't.

John