Date:      Mon, 20 May 2002 12:56:12 +0200
From:      Steve Mazerski <smazerski@yahoo.co.jp>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Version Numbering / 4.5-RELEASEp2

Hi

In this security advisory for OpenSSH:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CERT/advisories/FreeBSD-SA-02%3A13.open=
ssh.asc

it says:

__START_QUOTE__

V.   Solution

Do one of the following:

[For OpenSSH included in the base system]

1) Upgrade the vulnerable system to 4.4-RELEASEp9, 4.5-RELEASEp2,
   or 4.5-STABLE after the correction date and rebuild.

2) FreeBSD 4.x systems prior to the correction date:

The following patch has been verified to apply to FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE,
4.5-RELEASE, and 4.5-STABLE dated prior to the correction date.  It
may or may not apply to older, unsupported versions of FreeBSD

__END_QUOTE__

What is 4.5-RELEASEp2 ?

I ask because I downloaded 4.5-RELEASE a few days ago, and presume it is =
the
newest version, though the files are dated around 28th / 29th January, we=
ll
before the above advisory. The statement=20

"1) Upgrade the vulnerable system to 4.4-RELEASEp9, 4.5-RELEASEp2,
   or 4.5-STABLE after the correction date and rebuild."

seems to imply there is a newer version "4.5-RELEASEp2", which includes t=
he=20
patched OpenSSH but I haven't seen any signs of such a beast.

Thanks

Steve Mazerski