Date:      Fri, 17 May 1996 07:52:21 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        invalid opcode <coredump@nervosa.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Fri, 17 May 1996, invalid opcode wrote:
> FWIW, I just forwarded the quick fix of chmod u-s /sbin/mount_union and a
> copy of the problem to root@everyone on www.freebsd.org 's gallery of
> freebsd'ers. Considering the bug details have already been posted to
> BUGTRAQ and BoS, there is really nothing you can do after that to stop
> the "bad guys" from hearing about it as they are most definetly on those
> lists.

*evil cackle*  My management luser forwarded me a copy of that with
the frantic note "Do you know about this!!!?!"

It was quite nice to be able to say "Yes, its been fixed for 3 hours,
let me sleep damn it."  *grin*

Thanks for getting the info out Chris.

| Matthew N. Dodd   | winter@jurai.net    | http://www.jurai.net/~winter    |
| Technical Manager | mdodd@intersurf.net | http://www.intersurf.net        |
| InterSurf Online  | "Welcome to the net Sir, would you like a handbasket?"|