Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:17:17 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CERT amd advisory

In message <Pine.BSF.4.10.9909171337410.35608-100000@dt014nb6.san.rr.com> Doug writes:
: 	INRE CERT Advisory CA-99.12 - Buffer Overflow in amd, I'm
: wondering if it's being contemplated to MFC the recent update to amd (to
: the non-vulnerable version) prior to 3.3-Release CD's being cut? I know
: it's a big change, but I think it might be worth it. Also, FYI the URL for
: the FreeBSD advisory on this topic doesn't seem to be on the FTP site yet.

The advisory that I'm writing right now gives the details, but
basically the relevant paches have already been MFC'd.  3.3R is not
vulnerable.  More to follow.

My messages to Brent were a break from the writing. :-)

Warner