Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 2002 14:28:04 +0100
From:      Michel Weenink <Michel@Weenink.com>
To:        ScaryG <freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu>
Cc:        "James Green" <james@stealthnet.co.uk>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re[2]: Upgraded sshd, now a notice on boot?

S> On Fri, 8 Mar 2002 11:31:24 -0000
S> "James Green" <james@stealthnet.co.uk> wrote:

>> I upgraded openssh from ports yesterday following the security notice.
>> Everything went fine, and on reboot I got a cannot bind to 0.0.0.0
>> notice. Ssh still works, though.
>> Any idea what this might be and is it a problem?

S>  Off the top of my head... you're likely running two instances of sshd
S> now.

Could very well be as on most boxes I used to have /usr/sbin/sshd
while the new port/package/source went into /usr/local/sbin/sshd

I don't think I set a prefix on the earlier install. But it's a bit
tricky to keep them both.

HTH,

Michel

--
Michel Weenink - Phone: +31 24 3607 665 - ICQ: 21018820
E-mail : Michel@Weenink.com - WWW: www.weenink.com

I drink therefore I am twice