Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 19:52:00 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Reminder: 2.2.6-RELEASE tag going down at 0100 PST, 98/03/24

>  * The 2.2.6 release will be going out as scheduled and the tag will be
>  * laid down no later than 1:00AM, 13 hours from now.
>
> Hey, you said "Tuesday night late" when I asked you! :<

Nope, read my announcement in -stable again; the tag was always
scheduled for 1am.  If you're referring to ports/packages then,
indeed, it's "tuesday night late" just as I indicated in my update
("ports/packages will be grabbed 24 hours after that").

> Sorry, but the ports and packages won't be ready until then.  Please
> do not copy them or lay down tags on the ports tree until I say they
> are ready.  I don't have time to fix stuff tonight.

Ummmm.  Hang on a sec - this tag op has been scheduled for weeks now.
I'm sorry, but it's all going down tonite whether the ports tree is
ready or not and it's not like you and the ports team haven't had huge
amounts of warning.  I'm sorry if any misunderstanding led to a belief
that the ports tree would somehow be tagged as a separate operation
but that was _never_ my intention.  In order for the tag to have any
meaning, it has to be done at the same time since the ports
distribution tarball is built at the same time as the release and the
release is being done *tonite*, not tomorrow, *tonite*. :-)

Oh well.  I wouldn't exactly say that the ports are in bad shape and
there are 1181 packages in packages-2.2.6 on wcarchive, so I wouldn't
say we're doing too badly there either.  You also have another 24
hours or so to do the packaging so that's not an issue, you just can't
defer the tagging of ports.  That will happen at 1am, ready or not.

> By the way, the packages will be in wcarchive's "packages-2.2.6"
> directory and distfiles in freefall's /e/users/asami/2.2.6R directory.

Got it, thanks.

					Jordan