Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2001 22:34:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Incoming Mail List <mailist@whoweb.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   READ_BIG errors

Is anybody else having problems booting 4.3 with MODE_SENSE_BIG
and READ_BIG errors?  I've got the VIA 686B south bridge chip on
an ASUS A7V-E motherboard and cannot get any 4.x version of FreeBSD
to install on it.  V3.4 works fine.

My Sony CRX145 drive fails during installation boot with MODE_SENSE_BIG
errors.  If I switch to my TEAC CD532E drive I get through the install
boot process but fail with READ_BIG errors when unpacking the
distribution set during the installation.

This is the first time I've ever run into hardware problems with
FreeBSD.

Jon