Date:      Sat, 26 Nov 2011 14:43:58 +0100
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
To:        Lawrence Stewart <lstewart@freebsd.org>
Cc:        kerbzo@gmail.com, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, raul@turing.b2n.org, Kris Bauer <kristoph.bauer@gmail.com>, george+freebsd@m5p.com, FreeBSD Release Engineering Team <re@freebsd.org>, freebsd@jdc.parodius.com
Subject:   Re: TCP Reassembly Issues

> I think I've got it - a stupid 1 line logic bug. My apologies for =
missing it when I reviewed the patch which introduced the bug (patch was =
committed to head as r226113, MFCed to stable/9 as r226228).
>=20
> Due to some miscommunication, the initial patch was committed to and =
MFCed from head much later than it should have been in the 9.0 release =
cycle and instead of being included in the BETAs, didn't make it in =
until 9.0-RC1 I believe i.e. only RC1 and RC2 should be experiencing the =
issue.
>=20
> Could those who have reported the bug and are able to recompile their =
kernel to test a patch please try the following and report back to the =
list:
>=20
> =
http://people.freebsd.org/~lstewart/patches/misctcp/tcp_reass_plugzoneleak=
_10.x.r227986.patch
>=20
> The patch is against head r227986 but will apply and work correctly =
for 9.0 as well.

I'm a happy camper!

Thanks,
Stefan