Date:      Fri, 5 Apr 2002 23:57:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        Jeff Jeter <gsfgf@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 2 unrelated questions [need more info]

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Jeff Jeter wrote:
> 1) I am setting up a server w/ apache and mod_php.  when i instlaled mod_php i couldn't find mod_php4.so  where is its default location.  It wasn't in /usr/local/libexex/apache with the other mods.

prompt# find / -name mod_php4.so -print
or
prompt# find / -name mod_php4.so -print > ~/findresults.out &

But it may take a while to search every directory :)  You could also use
something similar to this:

prompt# cd / ; ls -alRF | grep -i *.so > ~/findresults.out &

> 2) I cannot access the net from my server.  Neither via lynx or from a ports install (so i can't redownload mod_php).  I can access other coms on my network.  what do i do?

Not enough information to help you out.

Are you using DHCP?  Do you have ifconfig or ipf (firewall) properly
configured?  Please post more information about what you mean by "you can
connect to other computers on your network."  Can you ping outside IP's?

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder