Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 23:05:02 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@rover.village.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   fdisk and BIOS

OK.  I'm really confused.  I just tried to use the FreeBSD fdisk to
label a disk with the proper c/h/s values for the disk (it is an old
IDE disk).  It totally freaked out on me giving me totally bogus
numbers, even after I had entered the ones I wanted.  Has anybody else
seen this in a 2.2.1R kernel, and does anybody happen to know if it is
fixed in newer revs?

Warner

P.S.  No, there is no oddball translation getting in the way.  This is
pretty close to hit dinosaur over head with club level of hardware (an
older 120M Quantum Prodrive LPS).