Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 2003 17:53:03 -0500
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.0 PR is not very good...

Terry Lambert wrote:
> So I relay my outbound email from my "Mindspring" address through
> an "EarthLink" SMTP relay server.
>
> And the PR email is rejected, because some moron decided that the
> email address domain name has to match the relay server domain
> name.

Is this very recent (ie, since Jan 11 this year)?

I'm an earthlink customer too.  I use my @online.fr email address
because the spammers already know that address.

I have submitted PRs via send-pr, relayed through the earthlink SMTP
server (or similar setups), with no problem.  The most recent was
ports/46985 on Jan 11.

(I assume you mean your PR was rejected by the FreeBSD server, not by
Earthlink, otherwise your regular mail wouldn't get through either.)

- Rahul