Date:      Fri, 06 Aug 1999 23:24:52 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        "Eric A. Griff" <eric@cfpower.com>
Cc:        "Bill Fumerola" <billf@jade.chc-chimes.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, "Alex Zepeda" <garbanzo@hooked.net>, "Mike Hoskins" <mike@snafu.adept.org>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: advocacy site

>     I'm game.... Where do I signup? =)

I think you guys will probably have the best chance for success this
time if you proceed initially in 3 stages:

1. Collect a list of "sign me up!" names, appoint somebody
   to be interim project lead and create a project mailing list or
   alias.  You should also choose that lead for their motivational
   ability, not necessarily their charisma. :)

2. Sit in a big circle and define your long-term and short term goals.

3. With the project lead organizing, decide who's going to work on what
   and within which period of time for the short-term goal list.

Once you're there, it's pretty straight-forward: Everybody works on
their piece(s) and the project lead walks around occasionally tapping
people on the shoulders and saying things like "How's it going?
Things on schedule?  Got enough coffee there?" until you reach your
initial short-term goals.  Then start again at step 1, also choosing a
new project lead if the old one is worn out. :)

- Jordan