Date:      Fri, 3 Dec 1999 15:29:28 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tty level buffer overflows

On Fri, 3 Dec 1999, Warner Losh wrote:

> What I was wondering is if there is a way to, say, double the buffer
> size.  Also, what is the number of overflows mean?  Is that bytes?
> clists?  16byte chunks?  The overflow seems to happen just once and it

It's the return from b_to_q, so it is the number of characters that it
failed to be copied  from the linear buffer to clist chain.  It should be
possible to increase the size of the buffer a bit, but I haven't figured it
out yet.  sio.c has changed a lot since the last time I hacked at it.

david scheidt