Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:02:09 +0100
From:      v.demartino2@virgilio.it
To:        "FreeBSD" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Weird character representation in console

After years of linux distributions now I'm having a go at FreeBDS.
Therefore, as a perfect newbye in FreeBSD I have just installed the devel=
oper
stuff with x support and the ports of version 5.3.
After having compiled the Midnight Commander mc from the ports' sources
I noticed that running mc the various "rectangles" framing the tree struc=
tures
of the filesystem are not correctly displayed and built with a combinatio=
of '-' and '|' but with a weird combination of '=E7' and '=F9'.

What should I do straighten things up (I admit, I have been manipulating
the fonts without knowing what I was doing!!)?

A step by step explamnation would be highly appreciated.

Ciao
Vittorio

Ciao
Vittorio